Selling Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage with an Insurance Field Marketing Organization (FMO)
Selling Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage products to your clients just makes good business sense.
In fact, not partnering with an Insurance Field Marketing Organization and offering these products means you're "leaving money on the table" as the saying goes. Medicare is a bit easier to sell because everyone will eventually need it.
Medicare places health care within reach of millions of older individuals in the country. On top of making health care accessible, it helps the elderly stay independent and healthy, which eases a potential responsibility for younger members of the family.
Given that people need Medicare, the client will be searching for you and NEED you. Not the other way around like in Life Insurance.
When you partner with a Medicare FMO, commissions are paid directly to you with schedules in hand and speedy contracting, stop leaving money on the table.
Why Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Appeals to Consumers
Simply put because those who are aging into 65 years and who qualify for Medicare will be actively looking at their options because no one wants to pay 20% of their medical bill that isn't covered by original Medicare.
Obtaining a Medicare Supplement Plan or Medicare Advantage Plan (also called Part C) eliminates the worry of paying hefty bills for medical expenses. Every medicare eligible becomes aware of the problem and seeks out the answer to solve the problem. This is where YOU step in.
Getting Started in Medicare Sales
If you want to sell Medicare health plans to consumers, it is best to work with a reliable health insurance FMO instead of doing everything on your own. By teaming up with an FMO, you can obtain assistance in navigating the Medicare market.
What Else You Need to Do
On top of partnering with an FMO, here are some of the other things you’ll need to do to get started:
- Learn Basic Medicare - It’s important to take the time to learn basic Medicare before taking the plunge of selling Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplements. Customers will want to speak with a knowledgeable insurance agent rather than an insurance salesperson whose only goal is to make an easy sale. By brushing up on basic Medicare, you make a lot of money and help many people at the same time.
- Get an Insurance License – Having a proper license will allow you to sell health insurance products. Check with the National Insurance Producer Registry for assistance with the licensing requirements.
- Buy an Errors and Omissions (E and O) Insurance – This type of insurance is similar to malpractice insurance. It protects you against claims and lawsuits for mistakes done while you’re in the field.
- Earn the America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) Medicare certification – You can’t sell Medicare Advantage plans legally without this certification, so make sure you take it every year.
Basics of Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage for You
Medicare is often confusing to the consumer and they may be seeking for someone who can help educate and advise them to make the right choice.
Before selling Medicare insurance to your prospective customers, we advise you to get educated yourself by reading the newest copy of Medicare and You handbook and walk your clients through this education and consultation (even if they already have a Medicare policy), because when you do the client will most likely purchase from you.
If you’re going to explain the basics of Medicare to a client, make sure that you don’t overload them with information. Take your time in discussing the important terms and entertain any questions that may arise during your presentation.
Also, refrain from using insurance jargon and keep your descriptions for each term simple, short, and direct to the point.
Why Medicare Agents Choose TR King Insurance Marketing as Their FMO
Although various FMOs are there to lend a hand to Medicare insurance agents, TR King Insurance Marketing goes beyond providing basic assistance. Our mission, in fact, is to develop a winning plan of action that’s in line with the business goals of the Medicare agent. We want our agents to succeed by achieving real growth in what they do.
What You Can Expect from Us
When you pick us as your FMO, here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Dedicated Support – We respond as quickly as we can to phone calls, emails, and live chats. We even provide client assistance and mentoring while you are out in the field. We’re your trusted partner who is available online or over the phone for guidance.
- Online Insurance Contracting – When it comes to preparing insurance contracts, it can be inconvenient to work with a lot of physical paperwork. We offer effective and simple online contracting. We provide SureLC software, also known as SuranceBay, which makes preparing your contracting paperwork easier. Plus, you’ll surely get more contracts done, as this software can help boost your speed and efficiency.
- Online Medicare Advantage and PDP Sales Tool - We provide FREE Access to our Medicare Advantage (including Electronic Scope of Appointment) and PDP online enrollment tools at zero cost to you.
- Fast Carrier Release – As long as you do not owe the insurance carrier any debt, you may request for a carrier release at any time.
- Direct Contracts with Insurance Carriers – This means your carrier pays your compensation directly.
- Lead Resources – Count on us to give you various sources to obtain leads at negotiated prices.
Stop Leaving Money On The Table!
We can help you become an expert in this field and make a living working with a successful Medicare Insurance Field Marketing Organization